Monsoon brings calm and tranquillity after the hot and scorching summer. It is a beautiful time of the year, and people eagerly wait for the first showers of monsoon. However, there is an ugly side to the beautiful rains as well. Studies show that most of the illnesses and diseases are contracted during the monsoon season. It causes water clogging and flooding that affects the overall hygiene and effectively brings down our body immunity.
The monsoon season brings about a sudden drop in the temperature. It affects the body adversely and makes the body weak, leading it to be vulnerable to various diseases. The overall hygiene level during the monsoon period is low.
Few common diseases during the monsoon days
On the one hand, the monsoons bring relief from the scorching summer heat, and on the other hand, they bring several diseases that can make a person very ill. An effective policy like the Reliance health insurance policy can help you fight off these diseases. Some common diseases that the monsoon brings are as follows:
- Influenza: due to poor hygiene conditions, the common cold is one of the most common diseases of the monsoons.
- Cholera: it is a deadly disease that is caused due to food and water contamination during the rainy season.
- Typhoid: it is a disease that is caused by waterborne bacteria, Salmonella.
- Dengue and Malaria: these are two very deadly diseases that are mosquito-borne. They are common during the monsoon season.
How your health insurance plan can protect you this season?
Certain diseases are avoidable, while others are not. These affect us and make us unproductive. Also, their treatment costs a fair amount online that could have been utilised elsewhere. A health insurance plan will make sure that your treatment costs are covered in case you fall ill during the monsoons.
How to pick a plan that meets our needs?
There are certain things you need to look for before you pick your health insurance plan. They are as follows:
- Coverage: If any of the above diseases get severe, an inpatient hospitalisation is required on doctor’s advice and in such case, you should make sure that your health policy has adequate sum-inured to cover you in case of this emergency. With Reliance Health Insurance you get to choose MoreCover with every sum-insured. Also, you need to check whether the insurance policy is covering pre and post hospitalization expenses or not, like with Reliance Health Insurance you get a 90 days Pre and 180 Days Post hospitalisation, which is the best in the category.
- Sub-limits: Choose your health plan wisely so that you never have to hassle on room capping in cases of emergency. Like with Reliance Health Insurance, you don’t have a sub-limit on room rent, so you get the best treatment without worrying about anything else.
- Hospital network: make sure that you check the network of hospitals and doctors that are affiliated with the insurance plan. You need to be in the care of the best hands in the industry and so, you must make your choice wisely when you have 5000+ hospital network to choose from across India.
- Cashless & Claim Process: Go for a policy that gives you cashless treatment access across its network hospitals and a hassle-free claim process. With Reliance Health Insurance you get cashless treatment across the 5000+ network hospitals and 100% digital claim process and dedicated claim assistance across network hospitals.
- Free Benefits: You can also opt for free benefits like More Time, where you get 1-month free cover on a 12-month cover and More Global, where you get global coverage when you travel internationally. Also, when you buy the policy online from com you get a 10% flat discount on the policy premium.
So, get a free quote now and buy the right health insurance policy for yourself that lets you live and enjoy the monsoons carefree, like Reliance Health Insurance. Protect yourself and your family and enjoy the monsoon season without having to worry about paying medical bills or hospitalization charges.